Report | Drone Service Provider Ranking 2019
Following numerous requests by our clients, customers and readers, DRONEII is delighted to present you our Drone Service Provider Ranking 2019 Report. It ranks the top drone service providers in the world using company size, market shares and public attention as key parameters.
- The drone service provider market is geographically well dispersed – in fact companies from 18 different countries made the Top 40 ranking.
- Zipline is the No 1 DSP in the world for the 2nd time in a row. This reflects not only their growth in operations and the opening of distribution centres in Ghana, but also their impressive $190 million investment earlier in 2019.
- Terra Drone have moved up into 2nd place due to their rapid growth in a variety of industries and geographical regions. They’ve done this successfully by opening up local subsidiaries in both European markets and growing ones like India (i.e. Terra Drone India).
- Aerodyne have moved up into 3rd place as they too have grown quickly over the past year thanks to strategic partnerships across the globe. This has been a very impressive growth, but it remains to be seen whether this rate of expansion is manageable for this Malaysia-based DSP.
- The latest additions to the Top 20 rankings are Verity Studios and Skylark. Verity are the first drone show providers to make it onto the Top 20 reflecting the growth of this entertainment segment of the drone industry. Meanwhile, Skylark as the first Indian company to make it into the Top 20 are likely to majorly benefit from the latest Indian drone regulations.
- The United States is the home to the largest number of leading drone service providers, a whooping 11 companies.
- Mapping, Surveying and Inspection are by far the application methods most commonly employed by leading drone service providers.
- While last year there were 3 delivery DSPs in the Top 20 ranking, this year there are 5 drone delivery companies in the Top 20. This reflects a notable growth in drone deliveries, and the increased public attention this method of using drones is getting.
Get the Latest on the Key Drone Service Providers
Upon popular demand, we’ve pooled all of our resources, data and expertise to create the Drone Service Provider Ranking 2019 report. It answers all of your questions about who the top drone service providers in the world are, where they’re from, which industries their drones are used in, how much disclosed funding they have, and who they’re partnered with. In addition to the report, you’ll get a list of over 700 drone service providers with their details.
Drone Service Provider looking to see how you rank against your competitors
Industry stakeholder currently using drones
Enterprise considering adopting drones, looking for the right service provider to contract out
Current or potential investor in drones looking for a service provider company to invest in
Drone software and/or hardware company looking for new partners
Industry organisation or association which needs to know about latest drone market trends
Government agency in need of reference data in order to formulate policy standpoints on commercial drones and get in contact with key stakeholders
What's in the Report:
The first chapter provides a report overview, summarising our findings.
Chapter 2 focuses on industry break downs: in addition to showing where drones come from and what platforms can look like, this chapter outlines all the ways in which drones can be used.
Next, Chapter 3 outlines the ranking of the Top 40 drone service providers in the world right now. It gives details on the type of applications that those DSPs employ their drones for. Further, this chapter provides the company profiles of the Top 20 of the companies on the list, including information on their products, partnership history, investment history, focus industry and company description.
Finally, the Appendix outlines all the relevant definitions of industries in which commercial drones operate.